The main activity in this Formal Educational Programme
is to train students as per the scheme and syllabus prescribed by the VTU for various Bachelors, Post-Graduate and Research Courses. The lists of the courses offered in this programme are:
- Courses leading to B.E. Degree
- Post Graduate Courses
- Research leading Courses
Non-formal Educational Programme
organizes several continuing education programmes every year, catering to a large group of users, including working professionals. These non-formal programmes include:
- Summer/Winter Schools – These are update programmes intended essentially for teachers from engineering institutions, sponsored by University Grants Commission, Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE), Department of Electronics (Government of India), etc. It is organized to impart state-of-the-art knowledge in particular fields as a means of updating the knowledge of teachers.
- Induction-Training Programmes for Industries – SJCE organizes Induction-Training programmes for premier organizations like Hindustan Computers Limited and Bharath Earth Movers where fresh selected candidates in the industry will be given job training with respect to their job profile.
- Training programmes for working professionals – SJCE and SJCE-STEP have been engaged in organizing several continuing education programmes for working professionals. Courses like Maintenance Management, Quality Management, Press Working, and Construction Management are offered. Many more courses are available according to the respective fields.
- Training programmes under MEGSAT – SJCE through STEP and Community Polytechnic has organized several programmes for the benefit of common man in the society.
Training in maintenance and repair of hand pumps in rural areas, ASTRA Chulas etc are the examples of the involvement of SJCE in the Mass Employment Generation Scheme.
Research and Development
The management of the college created a separate cell in 1988 to promote the research and development activities. The activities of the R&D cell are generally coordinated by a co-ordinator, nominated by the College Management. The cell provides the following financial assistance for research activities, as a means of effective staff development.
- Initial funding for preparation of research proposals
- Supports for travel for those presenting research papers in national, international conferences, subject to specified rules of college
- Support for preparing research papers for publication in journals, or seminars, as per rules of college.
The R&D cell provides information on the thrust areas of research, project proposal
forms, periodical circulars received from different agencies to facilitate the submission of projects, etc.
Extension Services and Consultancy
- Product Development Centre
- Industry Institution Interaction Cell
- SJCE Electronics and Calibration Centre
- Placement and Training Centre
- Rehabilitation Engineering Centre
- Non-Conventional Energy Resource Centre
- Consultancy Services